Animated Movie Review: Bolt

This is a movie review of Bolt.

Plot Summary (courtesy of Netflix):

Nominated for a Best Animated Feature Oscar and Golden Globe, this tale of adventure follows dashing German shepherd Bolt, a canine actor forced to make an action-filled cross-country trek when he's mistakenly shipped from Hollywood to New York City. Believing that he and his fictional character are one and the same, Bolt gets a glimpse of what it takes to be a real hero.

Run Time: 97 Minutes

Movie Review:

I watch a lot of animated and kids movies, but I don't normally have the opportunity to watch them with children. Bolt, however, I did get to watch with a 4 year old. Although this movie clocks in at just over an hour and a half my viewing partners attention rarely got away from the movie.


The reason is that the story of Bolt is engaging, fast paces, and interesting. There is a lot of action and in each scene you want to know what is going to happen to Bolt next. Many scenes are very funny for both children and adults.

The one issue I had with this movie is that it is packed full of product placement. There are ads in a large amount of scenes. At times it felt like I was watching a commercial instead of a movie. Kids won't recognize it as much, but it became an eyesore for myself as I was watching it.

Bolt does not have the endearment of Nemo nor is it the animated masterpiece like Shrek, but it does have its moments and is worth watching. Just don't be surprised if your child wants a cute white dog in the near future.

Movie Review photo credit: Amazon.com

Overall Movie Review Rating: I rate this movie as a Great See - 4 stars



Animated Movie Review: BoltTweet this!