Action Movie Review: Quantum of Solace

This is a movie review of Quantum of Solace.

Movie Review for Quantum of SolacePlot Summary (courtesy of IMDB):

Is there solace in revenge? Bond and "M" sniff a shadowy international network of power and corruption reaping billions. As Bond pursues the agents of an assassination attempt on "M," all roads lead to Dominic Greene, a world-renowned developer of green technology. Greene, a nasty piece of work, is intent on securing a barren area of Bolivia in exchange for assisting a strongman stage a coup there. The CIA looks the other way, and only Bond, with help from a retired spy and from a mysterious beauty, stands in Greene's way. "M" wonders if she can trust Bond, or if vengeance possesses him. Beyond that, can anyone drawn to Bond live to tell the tale?

Run Time: 106 Minutes

Movie Review:

I am a huge fan of Bond films, but this time around I'm not so sure. Bond films are known to be action, gadgets, and girls packed into one movie. While Quantum of Solace had some of the obligatory elements, it focused much harder on a personal story. This story is good it does not work in the Bond "world".

Bond movies aren't about his feelings or thoughts, just about a guy that gets the job done through some amazing theatrics. The attempts to humanize the character change this into a completely different story. While I can appreciate this normally, I really felt that it didn't belong in this series.

Aside from what I consider to be quite a large blunder the remainder of Quantum of Solace was pretty decent. The action scenes were well done and Daniel Craig really proves that he deserves to be James Bond. I did not, however find this movie to be very engaging. In fact, I found myself staring out of the window through some scenes and forcing myself to come back and refocus on the movie.

Overall I found that I have very contradicting opinions on Quantum of Solace. On one hand I find I have a lot issues with this installment of Bond flicks, but I also enjoyed it enough not to hate it. There were enough beautiful exotic scenes and action to keep me loyal. I still would rate Quantum of Solace pretty low against all other Bond films and certainly towards the bottom of any recent action films.

Movie Review photo credit: www.impawards.com

Overall Movie Review Rating: I rate this movie as a Blah See - 2.5 stars



Action Movie Review: Quantum of SolaceTweet this!